Where to download 64-bit and 32-bit Java for Windows 11/10?
Java is one of those OOP-based languages, along with Python and C ++, which is in demand right now. So if you want to jump on the bandwagon and use the language, you have to download it to your system. Additionally, many games, websites, and applications will not work on your system if Java is not installed on them. That’s why we’re here to answer you where to download 64-bit and 32-bit Java for Windows 11/10?
What is’ java?
Download 64-bit and 32-bit Java for Windows 11/10
To download 64-bit and 32-bit Java to your computer, you need to follow the given steps.
- Visit www.java.com then click on the To download tongue.
- Click on Accept and start the free download and your download will begin.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions to install Java JRE on your computer.
As simple as it gets.
If you are a developer and want to install Java SE Development Kit then go to Oracle.com and download the one for your operating system. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer.
Remove Java from Windows PC
Sometimes it is necessary to remove all old versions of Java. But you have to make sure that you remove them completely and in this section we are going to see how to do the same. There are two ways to completely remove Java from Windows PC. They are.
- Using the Java Uninstall Tool
- From settings
Let’s talk about it in detail.
1]Using the Java Uninstall Tool
Let’s start with a utility provided by Java, that is to say; Uninstall tool. You can easily install the Java Uninstall Tool from java.com and then use it to remove Java from your computer. After uninstalling the language, you are advised to restart your computer.
If you don’t want to install anything, you need to use Windows settings to remove Java from your system. Follow the steps given to do the same.
- Open Settings through Win + me.
- Go to applications and seek Java.
- Windows 10: Select Java and click Uninstall. Windows 11: Click on the three vertical dots and select Uninstall.
Then restart your computer and you will be good to go.
Read: Java Security – Tips for using Java safely on Windows.
How do I verify that my Java is 32-bit or 64-bit?
You can use the Command Prompt to check if you are using 32-bit or 64-bit Java. It’s an easy step, just open CMD with administrative privileges.
Now paste the following command.
java -d64 -version
If it says something like the following error message.
Error: This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.
This then means that you are using a 32-bit variant. If you are using a 64-bit variant, it gives you information about Java installed on your system.
What are the system requirements for Java?
Java is a programming language and to install it you don’t need tons of bells and whistles, and we’ll prove it. Your computer simply needs to meet the following requirements and you are good to go.
- Operating system: Windows 7 or higher, Server 2008, Server 2012 (including R2)
- Architecture: 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: 128 MB or more
- Space: 124MB or more for JRE (Java Runtime Environment) + 2MB for Java Update
- Processor: Intel Pentium II 266 MHz or better processor
- Browsers: Internet Explorer versions 9 and above, Mozilla Firefox
So as you can see specs are not an option. Most modern computers will be able to run Java JRE perfectly without any problems.