How to download and install Minecraft add-ons on Xbox One
Minecraft is a game distributed on many different platforms. From Windows to mobile and PlayStation 4, each platform has its own version or “edition” of Minecraft. Each version has its own set of tweaks which can be applied as mods, shaders, etc.
While Minecraft: Java Edition has moddings, shaders, and resource packs in its arsenal, Minecraft Bedrock offers add-ons.
Add-ons can bring the world of Minecraft Bedrock to life by changing the behavior and textures of certain objects, monsters, and blocks in the game. They replace mods in each of the different versions of Minecraft Bedrock by changing or adding new types of sounds , mobs and game features.
This article will walk players through how to download and install Minecraft add-ons for the Xbox One console.
Minecraft addons on Xbox One: steps to download and install
Downloading add-ons from the Internet
- Go to the Microsoft Store and install the MC Addons app.
- Open the Microsoft Edge app / browser from the Xbox main menu.
- Go to mcpedl.com which is one of the best websites for mods and addons for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
- Navigate to the “Mods” tab and select “Addons”.
- Choose the required addon and select one of the download links shown under “Downloads”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and download the mod, which defaults to the Xbox “Downloads” folder.
Install add-ons in Minecraft
- Access the MC Addons app from the Xbox main menu.
- Click on “import” at the top right of the screen.
- This will open various folders in Xbox. Navigate to the downloads folder.
- Click on the downloaded addon file. This will install the addon in the MC Addons app.
- Open Minecraft.
- Click “Play” and then press the “Create New” button to test add-ons in a new world or the “Edit” symbol next to an existing world.
- Navigate to the “Addons” tab, under which players can see the “Resource Packs” and “Behavior Packs” options. All installed and active addons can be seen in this area.
Add-ons can act as a breath of fresh air for Minecraft on Xbox One. Since Xbox One consoles use similar methods to other versions of the Bedrock Edition, the methods of downloading and installing add-ons are fairly straightforward. The steps to follow are also quite similar when downloading add-ons for Minecraft Pocket Edition or on other platforms like Nintendo Switch, mobile and even PlayStation 4.